|Location:||Brooklyn, New York City, New York|
|Social Media:||Twitter - @rydercarroll|
|Website:||Ryder Carroll personal site, Bullet Journal|
Personal Life and Work
Ryder Carroll emigrated to the United States from Vienna, Austria in the late 1990s, to attend college. After college he worked as an app, game and website designer. Diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder at a young age, he started working on the Bullet Journal system in the 1990s and ended up creating a way of note taking that helped him focus on multiple things during a shorter period of time. 
In September 2014, he launched the Bullet Journal Kickstarter Campaign to centralize the bullet journal community through a new website. He reached his fundraising goal in eight hours and raised close to $80,000 by the end of his campaign.
Appearances on Stationery Podcasts
Carroll has been a guest on two episodes of The Pen Addict (Podcast):
- In Fall 2013 Carroll joined Brad Dowdy and Myke Hurley to discuss the concept of bullet journaling, and where it came from, on episode 70.
- He again joined the podcast a year later (on episode 124) to discuss bullet journaling as the global phenomenon, the recent Kickstarter campaign, and the upcoming plans for the company.
References and Notes
- deducted from Is This the Most Perfect Method for Staying Organized?, Inc.
- How the creator behind the viral bullet journal turned his own life hack into a full-time business, CNBC Make It, August 2017
- Introducing The Bullet Journal – A Mindful Way To Organise Your Life, Refiner 29, October 2016