The Pen Addict 0
"Pen Addict Episode 0" is an in-joke from the The Pen Addict (Podcast) to refer to an episode of the podcast 'Enough' where Myke and Brad first 'met'. The show 'Enough' was hosted by Patrick Rhone and Myke Hurley, and episode 104, Brad Dowdy guested to talk about pens, his interest in them, and background on The Pen Addict (Blog). The episode was published January 24th, 2012, whereas The Pen Addict 1 was published on February 9.
Just as any "official" Pen Addict episode, Brad professes his love for Hi-Tec-C refills, there is talk about Kickstarter pen projects, Field Notes use, note writing paper, and fountain pens are discussed.
On April 16, 2018, Patrick Rhone posted on his website, "The Cramped" about his particular episode, and its history in the community.
Pens and stationery have also been the focus on 'Enough' on episodes 137, 216,and 221. (To be added in the future).
Although the podcast 'Enough' is defunct and the original archives lost to the internet, but Robert Wall has hosted the full run of archives himself. There is also a separate repository through Podcasts.com
Original Episode Description
In this episode, we are joined by Brad Dowdy of The Pen Addict and JetPens to talk all things pen and paper. I have been a friend and fan of Brad for years so it was delightful to have him on. Warning: Things get seriously pen geeky here and pens and paper are the one area of my life where any semblance of Enough does not exist. In other words, you may want to hide your credit cards.
This episode is sponsored by Wet Frog Studios. The Enough Podcast logo was designed by them. If you need a custom logo or any other type of design work, look no further.
Links & Show Notes
- Brad Dowdy on Twitter
- The Pen Addict
- Paper Mate Erasermate Stick Ballpoint Pens
- Precise V5 Rolling Ball Pens
- Pilot Razor Point Stick Pen, Extra Fine Point
- Pilot Prera Fountain Pen - Fine Nib - Ivory Body - JetPens.com
- Fountain Pen Nib Comparison Video - The Pen Addict
- Pilot Hi-Tec-C Gel Ink Pen with Grip - 0.3 mm - Black - JetPens.com
- Namiki Collections - Pilot Knight Collection
- True Writer Stub Nib Fountain Pen - Levenger
- Esterbrook J Series Pens
- Parker Vacumatic
- Parker 51
- Brassing Adds Character
- Kaweco Classic Sport Fountain Pen - Extra Fine Nib - Green Body - JetPens.com
- Lamy Al-Star, Safari, & Vista Fountain Pens - JetPens.com
- Sharpie Standard Permanent Marker Pen - Ultra Fine Point - Black - JetPens.com
- Retro 51 Tornado Classic Lacquers Roller Ball Pen - 0.7 mm - Kiwi Green Body - JetPens.com
- Muji Gel-Ink]
- doane paper grid+lines
- Field Notes — “I’m not writing it down to remember it later, I’m writing it down to remember it now.”
- Note Cards - Index Cards, Personalized Note Cards, 3 x 5 Cards - Levenger
- Helvetindex Cards
- Action Method | Paper
- Amazon.com: Mead 3 x 5-Inch Index Cards, Ruled, 100 Count, White (63350): Office Products
- Pelle Leather Journal - Medium + 1 Plain Linen Paper Notebook (4.3” X 6.8”) Insert - 64 Sheets - JetPens.com
- Circa Notebooks - Get Organized with Levenger Circa Notebooks and Daily Planner Pages
- Amazon.com: HP 11310-0 HP Premium Choice Laserjet Paper, White, 32-lb., 8-1/2” x 11”, 500 Sheets/ream: Office Products
References and Notes
- Blog post about the Enough episode in question http://www.thecramped.com/the-pen-addict-before-the-pen-addict/
- Independent archive of 'Enough' episodes http://notquiteenough.com
- Episode description taken from Podcast.com archive http://www.podcasts.com/enough_-_the_podcast/episode/ep_104_-_the_pen_addict
- Show Notes taken from the repository at Podcasts.com http://www.podcasts.com/enough_-_the_podcast/episode/ep_104_-_the_pen_addict