|Monami Co., Ltd|
|Headquarters:||Yong-In Si, South Korea|
|Key People:||Song Ha gyoung, CEO|
Monami Co., Ltd is a Korean maker of stationery, printer supplies, office supplies, and pens and other writing instruments, with it's headquesrters in Yong-In Si, South Korea. Founded in 1960, it continues to hold considerable market share in its home market, South Korea.
A symbol of daily post-war life in Korea, Monami's basic pen has continuously been on sale since its inception in 1963 and is recognizable by nearly every Korean. In 2009 this pen was noted by the government-run Korea Design Foundation as a design that has significantly influenced daily life in Korea. 3.3 billion have been sold, and the figures are still rising.
The pen's designation can be explained by the fact that the 153 was only the third product the company produced and that it originally sold for 15 won, the price of a newspaper or a bus ride at the time.
While the quality and price of this remarkable pen have risen, the design remains unchanged.
Production bases and facilities
- Company Snapshot: Monami Co., Ltd. businessweek.com
- Monami Co Ltd Company Profile gobizkorea.com
- Monami Co., Ltd (Public, SEO:005360) Monami Co. Ltd, Google Finance
- Monami center Template:Webarchive monami.com
- MonAmi Profile Template:Webarchive monamiamerica.com
- Prominent designs symbolize generations of Korean lives korea.net, February 05, 2009
- Iconic designs that define the nation joonangdaily.com, January 31, 2009
- 'Everyone's Pen MonAmi 153 Translated from Chosun Daily, February 16, 2009
- Episode 2: why is the Monami 153 called "153"? Translated from Monami official site
- Episode 4:Something about 12 :P Translated from Monami official site
- Episode 2: 1965 Translated from Monami official site