|Founder:||John Eberhard Faber|
|Key People:||John Eberhard Faber|
The Eberhard Faber factory was established in 1861 by John Eberhard Faber.
The Eberhard Faber Company suffered a devastating fire in 1872, destroying their first factory which was situated along the East River.
In 1956-57, the Eberhard Faber Company moved operations from their Greenpoint, New York location (established in 1872) to a state-of-the-art facility in Crestwood Industrial Park, located in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania.
The factory would eventually employ approximately 400 workers until 1986, when in a cost-saving move several departments were relocated to Mexico. By 1988 however, the company was sold to Faber-Castell U.S.A. in Lewisburg, Tennessee, despite an offer from Dixon.
The Eberhard Faber brand is currently owned by Faber-Castell