The Pen Addict 1
|The Pen Addict (Podcast)|
|Release Date:||February 9th, 2012|
|Guests:||No guests this episode|
|Official page:||Episode 1|
|Audio File:||Audio Episode 1|
|Length:||3333 min <br />0.55 h <br /> minutes|
On the first episode of The Pen Addict, Brad and Myke introduce who they are and give a little background in to how this show was conceived. They go on to give you some hints of what's to expect over the coming weeks before launching in to a Glossary of terms you will likely hear in future episodes. 
List of Terms
- Ballpoint ink - oil based ink. Consistent
- Gel ink - consistent and dark. It can smear. Less bleed through. Runs out faster. Currently very popular. Vibrant colors. Suspension.
- Liquid ink - water based ink that flows well and dries quickly. Bleeds.
- Needle tip - The point of the pen is shaped like a needle that you would poke yourself with. Example: Hi tec C
- Conical tip - shaped like a cone.
- Tip size vs line width - not always the same
- Nib - writing end of a fountain pen
- Hybrid ink - roller ball/ballpoint example: Uni-ball Jetstream
- Posted - putting the cap on the end of your pen
- Nock - clicker or clicky
- Smooth vs Scratchy - how the pen writes
- Mechanical pencil - what you can usually find at the store
- Drafting pencil - has a needle point that is made for architects and engineers
Myke discuses the fact that this podcast is an outgrowth of the Enough podcast. Brad had kicked around the idea also. Brad was a guest on episode 104 of the Enough Podcast.
Brad was working for JetPens at the time of the recording.
Brad discusses the start of the Pen Addict site. It came from his search for and love of fine tipped pens. The pen that started the Pen Addict site was a 0.38 mm Uniball Signo RT from Office Max. Brad wanted to write a block that was written and not typed.
Myke is left handed.
This marks the first discussion of the side effects of being a pen addict.
Brad discusses people calling him an enabler.
Brad is trying to convert Myke to fine point pens.
Door bell rings and Brad knows immediately it is UPS with a delivery of jetstream pens.
- Japanese vs the rest of the world
- Guests in the future
Links & Show Notes
- The Pen Addict
- Enough Ep 21 - Paper Geek Out With Randy Murray
- Enough Ep 98 - People and Paper
- Enough Ep 104 - The Pen Addict
- Contact 70Decibels
- 52Tiger: This year's killer app is pen and paper
- Brad's image of the Hi-Tec-C
- Brad's box of Jetstreams
References and Notes
- ↑ Description taken from the official Pen Addict podcast page https://www.relay.fm/penaddict/1